Metro East Web Academy
provides an Early College opportunity for motivated students to get a head start on college education while simultaneously obtaining high school credits necessary for graduation. College credits earned through the Early College program can be applied toward high school and college graduation and can be transferred to other colleges and universities. Early College eases the transition to college by giving students first-hand exposure to challenging, college-level courses taught by college instructors, while also supporting students through a cohort advising program.
Many Early College students earn 72-78 credits towards an associates degree while still in high school. This saves thousands of dollars in tuition and accelerates students towards degree completion.
If you are a high school student (public, private, or home school), have earned a sufficient score on College Placement Tests (CPT’s), and are on track to graduate, then you may be eligible for Early College through the Web Academy. But don't worry, if you have not scored high enough on the CPT's or are behind in credits, you can attend our online program to get caught up and even take some College Now classes to prepare for the transition into the Early College program.Still Not Convinced? Here Are More Advantages
- Accelerates your college career and provides a quality educational experience close to home
- Saves money on room/board and tuition/fees
- Allows exposure to college atmosphere
- Provides a wider range of course options for high school
- Offers challenging coursework
- Supports students through a cohort model as they transition into college-level classes