- Students will need to be 15 years old by the time they start classes on a college campus. Students under 16 will need a letter of recommendation from a high school teacher who can attest to the students classroom behavior and maturity.
Q: What if I am a home schooled student?
- Please contact the MEECA Coordinator for more details.
Q: Where will I attend my classes?
- After being accepted into MEECA, all course work is completed at one of the partner community college campuses.
Q: What will it cost me to attend MEECA?
Q: Where will I graduate from high school?
- MEECA pays college tuition and fees (not including books) up to $1,400 each term: Fall, Winter and Spring (not to exceed nine terms per year). The student/family is responsible for any tuition and fees in excess of the $1,400 amount. College courses must align with the required Oregon State diploma requirements.
- MEECA students will graduate from the Metro East Web Academy once they have earned the required number of credits and met all of the Oregon State graduation requirements. This includes any additional requirements, such as state testing, essential skills and personalized learning.
Q: Do I have to withdraw from my current high school?
- Yes, MEECA students must withdraw from their current high school at the end of the school year and enroll in the Metro East Web Academy.
Q: Will I be able to take any classes at my former high school?
- Opportunities for taking courses vary from school to school. You will need to check with your resident high school.
Q: As a MEECA student am I able to participate in extracurricular activities such as sports or speech team at my former HS?
- Yes you may participate in co-curricular activities at your home high school, as long as you maintain eligibility requirements.
Q: If I do participate in MEECA, am I able to go to dances and other activities at my former high school?
- Most schools will allow you to attend as the guest of another student. However, you will need to check the requirements and fill out the appropriate paperwork for each activity you wish to attend.
Q: Will I be able to go through graduation at my former high school?
- No, when you are a student enrolled in MEECA, you are no longer considered a student of your former high school.
Q: What if I want to attend a four year college or university after I graduate?
- You will apply to the college of your choice and will be expected to meet all of the admission requirements of that institution.
Q: How will I know what classes to take?
- Students who are accepted into MEECA will meet with the MEECA Advisor to create an educational plan that ensures all courses required for a high school diploma are covered through the college courses that you are selecting.
Q: What are the requirements to stay in MEECA?
- You must maintain the appropriate level of credits for each of your 10th, 11th, and 12th grade years and stay on track to graduate.
Q: What kind of support will I have as I go through MEECA?
- The MEECA Advisor will provide most of the support through individual and groups meetings. Students will also have access to college resources, such as the College Learning Center.