Steps to Attend the MEECA Program at Mt. Hood Community College
The next step is to apply for the MEECA program. You can do so here- MEECA ApplicationAfter meeting with an advisor and you are 15 years old, please follow these steps:
- Complete the MEWA application selecting the MEECA option (unless you care a current MEWA student).
- Attend a MEECA information session. At this time there is not an information session scheduled.
- Apply to Mt. Hood CC.
- Complete the College Placement Test.
- Prepare for the test (this is important and should not be taken lightly)
Schedule a time to meet with your advisor to register for classes.
- Ask your MEECA advisor for a letter of recommendation for MHCC.
- Make an appointment with Jenn Edgar for the Underage Orientation by calling 503-491-7421.
- Attend the Underage Orientation with a parent/guardian and bring the following: a letter of request written by the student; a letter of support from the high school counselor which addresses the student's maturity and readiness for college experiences; a completed High School Permission form; and your College Placement Test scores.
- Once you have been approved, you will receive a form signed by Jenn Edgar (keep this form, you will need this when you register for classes.)
If you are starting in the Fall, you must attend New Student Orientation at MHCC in September.
- Register for classes using your education plan (you will need your MHCC username and password to complete registration). Click here for a tutorial.