Steps to Attend the MEECA Program at Mt. Hood Community College
- Complete the MEWA application selecting the MEECA option (unless you care a current MEWA student).
- Attend a MEECA information session. At this time there is not an information session scheduled.
- Apply to Mt. Hood CC.
- Complete the College Placement Test
- Need MHCC ID # and a photo ID (HS photo ID is acceptable).
- CPT schedule
- The next step is to apply for the MEECA program. You can do so here- MEECA Application (you'll need to have your CPT scores and high school GPA information handy).
- Schedule a time to meet with your advisor.
- You'll receive an email with information on how to set up this meeting after the Meeca program application has been completed.
- During your meeting with the Meeca advisor you will have the opportunity to ask a number of questions and make sure this is a good fit for you. You'll also have a much clearer understanding of what courses are remaining for high school and which college classes will apply towards your college goals.
If you are starting in the Fall, you must attend New Student Orientation at MHCC in September.
- If you are 15 years old, please follow these steps after meeting with the Meeca advisor.
- You will need to ask a for a letter of recommendation from a teacher who can support your academic and social maturity within a classroom environment.
- Make an appointment with Jenn Edgar for the Underage Orientation by calling 503-491-7421 (do not make this appointment until you have met with the Meeca advisor!)
- Attend the Underage Orientation with a parent/guardian and bring the following: a letter of request written by the student; a letter of support from ta high school teacher which addresses the student's maturity and readiness for college experiences; a completed High School Permission form; and your College Placement Test scores.
- Once you have been approved, you will receive a form signed by Jenn Edgar (keep this form, you will need this when you register for classes.)