When registering, MEECA students are required to take credit classes by receiving traditional letter grades (A-F). If you do not select a grading option, you will automatically have the default grading option for that course. The default option is generally a letter grade, but could be pass/no pass.
How to choose your grading option:
- Choose when you register for classes.
- You can change your grading option in MyPCC and MHCC through the end of the eighth week of the term.
- Once an instructor has posted a grade, changing the grading option is no longer available to the student.
Issues to consider when choosing your grading option:
- Talk with your instructor about your progress in class and grades you've earned for previous assignments.
- Keep hard copies and a log of all your graded assignments, so you can assess your progress throughout the term.
- Before you start next term, make sure to check your grades from this term. Grades are posted one week after finals. If you have a grade discrepancy, be sure to talk with your instructor, an Academic Advisor or Counselor immediately.